New Ranbats Season Starts Monday, May 7!

Posted on Posted in Regional Events

Let’s start the DAMN Ranbats!

We are starting up a new season of Ranking Battles (Ranbats) at DB Billiards aka Damn Bar! in Jacksonville, FL. It will be a 4 week season starting on Monday 5/7/12. For those who don’t know how ranbats work, here is a quick rundown:

*Each week will be a double-elimination tournament for all specified games. Once the tournament is completed, the Top 8 finishers will all be awarded points respectively (10, 7, 5, 3, 2, 2, 1, 1). At the end of the 4-week season, the winners will receive the Top Prize.

We will be featuring 2 games each month. Hope to see you guys there! Check the info below for more.

Date/Time: Every Monday. Casuals at 6pm. Tournaments at 8pm SHARP.
Location: DB Billiards, 7001 Merrill Rd, Jacksonville FL
Venue Fee: $3 or FREE w/ food purchase.
Tournament Fee: $5 per game

Tournament Games
May – Super Street Fighter IV: AE 2012 (360), Marvel vs Capcom 3 (360)
June – TBA
July – TBA

Prizes
Weekly Payout – 60% of the cash pot will be split 80/20 between first and second place. The other 40% will be kept until the end of the 4-week season.

Top Prize – At the end of the season, the 40% that was held from each week will be combined and given to the Top 3 players based upon the ranbats point system. The cash pot will be split 60/30/10.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *