It’s almost time for the rebirth of DDR Storm!
I’m absolutely ecstatic to be hosting another DDR Storm event. Like I said before the 10th Anniversary event, I gave up on DDR Storm as the 11th and 12th tournaments were very mediocre in turnouts. Ever since I started things back up again, I’ve received nothing but people wanting to lend a hand where ever they can and responses of excitement. And now, we are about to see a bunch of new faces flying in from around the nation! It’s amazing how far we’ve come and I really wish for everyone to have an awesome time!
So before we get this weekend started, let’s run down on some last minute things.
- Thank these awesome people. Nick Denty and Justin Denning will be providing 6 total dance machines. Unfortunately, Justin won’t be able to attend but most of you know how to contact him. James Albright will be providing a dance machine with an official DDR 2013 kit. Steven Lo has been taking charge of not only the In The Groove tournament, but handling tons of inquiries about DDR Storm in general. Precision Dance Pads will be in attendance to give away 3 of their dance pads as prizes for some of the tournaments! Anyone that you see volunteering for staff work, take the time to thank them as well.
- SHOWER AND DEODORIZE. No, AXE alone won’t work. No, skipping a day of showering after playing a dance game isn’t going to be OK. Forgot your deodorant? Please buy at Publix across the street. Being that this is a dance game tournament, the smell can be a potential issue. We can keep this issue to a bare minimum if you do your part. Some people take this jokingly, but I am VERY SERIOUS. Wash yourselves. Deodorize your junk. Thank you in advance.
- Here is the full schedule for the entire weekend of DDR Storm.
- I have a listing and full ruleset for every tournament. If you want to know when a specific tournament is scheduled, what the rules are, or what platform it will be played on, You need to visit the DDR Storm Ruleset page.
- The Group Photo will take place on Saturday at approximately 6:00 – 6:30pm ET. During this time, it will be encouraged that EVERYONE gather in an area for the photo. It is not mandatory, but all tournaments will be stopped briefly for this.
- If you have a disagreement with the staff in regards to a tournament, please find me immediately. If you have an issue before the match is played, do not play the match until this issue is resolved. If you have a disagreement in the middle of a tournament match, decisions will be made by the tournament organizer. If you don’t agree with the tournament organizer, find me. Once a match is complete, all decisions are final.
- Do NOT leave your stuff laying around unattended. If you are bringing consoles, games, or controllers for use, please grab a piece of masking tape at the registration table and put your name on everything. We would like to believe that everyone in our community is trustworthy, but sometimes that is not the case. Other times, sometimes people accidentally take things do not belong to them. I would like to make sure everyone comes and leaves with the same belongings.
- No outside food or outside alcohol in the venue rooms. Please be respectful to the venue providing us with this amazing location and not bring any outside food into the ballroom. Water stations will be provided. Bottled drinks should be okay. ABSOLUTELY NO OUTSIDE ALCOHOL into the ballroom. There will be alcoholic beverages sold in the ballroom from the cash bar!
- Did you say alcohol will be available in the ballroom?! You got it dude. Just please bring CASH for purchasing. And please DO NOT ruin it with underage drinking or bringing your own alcohol into the ballroom.
- If you try calling me on Friday evening or Saturday, I probably will not pickup. I will be running around for all 3 days doing who knows what. I will be very busy and I expect my phone to be ringing continuously. I will not have time to answer each and every call. If you have a question and I’m not in your vicinity, try to ask another first before contacting me. Otherwise, the best way to contact me is by finding me or through text message (if I even have time for that).
- If you have any questions that haven’t been addressed, please check the DDR Storm FAQ first!
- Be friendly and have a good time!